Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nearly done!










Here's the kitchen we started with. Looking at these pictures again I'm almost shocked we bought the place. I'd totally forgotten about those curtains in the dining room. And the stove-thing. I hadn't forgotten the puke-yellow formica, though. That will stick with me for a long time.

So here are some pictures of our nearly completed kitchen. The only thing left is all the finishing work, such as tile for a backsplash, painting, hanging the stained glass cabinet doors... These are not large tasks, but they've been on the "to-do" list for about three weeks now. We've just been so thankful to have a functioning fridge, stove and sink that we've gotten pretty lazy about such details as the stuff that makes it looks nice. But tonight Joe and I actually picked out some tile, so hopefully we will now start making progress on these last few items. Joe would probably disagree with me on the "not large tasks" comment, since he will be cutting and installing all the tile. Do you "install" tile? Obviously I'm not going to be much help. But the painting will be all up to me, so I'll put in my share of time, and since my time will be spent inhaling noxious fumes, maybe we'll be even.

No comments:

Post a Comment