I just voted at one of our early voting centers, and I'm very excited! It's a gorgeous, sunny fall day and the voting center was in a park by a lake, so it was a nice little diversion on my lunch break.
But aside from all that, I'm really excited about voting! It's true, I'm particularly interested in this election, but I get excited about voting every year. I love the fact that no one ever quite knows what they're doing but are trying really, really hard to be organized, that the ballots are always printed on ridiculously gigantic paper, that the booths are so wiggly I can hardly draw a straight line to connect my arrows, and that super old dudes get dressed up in outrageous red, white and blue concoctions to sit at tables and "monitor" the goings on, even though they can't hear you when you ask a question unless you stand real close to them and shout into their good ear.
The sad part is that I am proudly wearing my "I voted!" sticker, but there's no one in my home office to see it. So I'm posting it here. I voted! Now you should go do the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment