Friday, November 07, 2008

Problems? What problems?

I just purchased the new Jason Mraz CD, and I have been transported to happy, syncopated, searching yet slightly conceited, heaven.

Track number 4, Butterfly, made me want to be a band director for the first time in, well, ten years. Or a member of that fantastic horn section. At least an audience member. Of course, my jazz band would never have sounded like that because, come on, I played the french horn. But one can dream. If you can listen to that piece and not be compelled to dance, call the doctor. Your happiness receptor is clearly broken.

Actually, pretty much every track makes me wish I had been graced with even a small amount of coordination. I'm going to have to restrain myself from putting these songs on my iPod, because otherwise I will be attempting to dance while using the elliptical machine at the gym, which would be only slightly less painful to they eyes than if I were dancing on solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment