Sunday, March 29, 2009

Retro Signs


Because I bothered to take the time to paint my toenails, take a picture, and post about spring on Sunday, we had a blizzard here on Thursday. At least in the process of proving me wrong, Mother Nature gave me a chance to wear the boots I got for Christmas, which I hadn't worn yet because we haven't had any form of precipitation since then.

The forecasters predicted 16 inches of snow for Denver. We got three. But those few inches combined with lots of wind shut down the entire city by noon on Thursday. Businesses closed early and sent people home right at the time that the roads and visibility were the worst. About an hour and a half after the mass exodus from downtown, the wind calmed down and the roads were clear. But during that 1.5 hours it was chaos.

By now, of course, the snow has mostly melted and I've once again packed away my rubber boots and replaced them with flip flops. Joe and I headed for the mountains for the weekend to enjoy the only (and most likely last) big snow at the ski resorts. It was so sunny and warm I ended up with a goggle tan. And a pulled muscle. I might have gone a little overboard on the last hurrah of winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment