The insatiable hunger is doing its trick: My belly is officially large enough to obstruct the view of my shoes without moving it out of the way. It only requires a small movement to find my shoes, but it requires movement all the same.
My belly also gets in the way of sitting at my desk. Maybe this is something that should have seemed like common sense, but I had not thought of the fact that my growing baby would mean that I wouldn't be able to sit as close to my desk as I usually do. It's not causing drastic changes yet, but I'm suddenly realizing there may be a day when I'll wish my arms were longer so I could reach my keyboard.
Of course, my belly isn't the only thing that's growing. I'm quite sure that the yoga pants I'm wearing right now did not fit this tightly across the butt when I wore them two weeks ago. And no, I did not just take them out of the dryer. Joe has told me that an expanding butt is a natural part of pregnancy, whose purpose is to prevent my huge belly from causing me to tip over. I think he's honestly a little baffled why these reassurances that my butt is playing the essential role of ballast haven't made me feel better. Make a note, men: the argument of "butt as ballast" may be logically sound, but it's not exactly emotionally soothing. Particularly when the cute shoes you bought to make you feel better remain hidden from sight unless you turn to the side.
I'm with Joe on this one. His reasoning is perfectly logical. I think I also may have read in a medical journal or two. You should always trust Joe's reasoning.
ReplyDeleteRyan
Joe you owe me.