We've been putting off purchasing most of our baby supplies until we move into our new house, but as the moving date approaches (this coming Friday!), we made our first baby-inspired purchase: a new Ford F150. Now, there are certainly some features of this purchase that are more for Joe than Baby Beer, like the off-road package and 4WD, but the super crew cab and the leather seats were supposedly selections made in Baby Beer's best interest. Of course, the need for a second car after four years without one is also because of Baby Beer. Joe will have to drive to the park and ride after we move to Golden, instead of being able to catch the bus at the top of the block like he can now.
After spending most of yesterday day at the Ford dealer (the process of purchasing a new car definitely rates in my top 5 "worst things to do ever" list), we spent today packing up what's left in our house. We made great progress. In fact, I got a little carried away. It was only when I went to look in the cupboards to find something for dinner that I realized I'd packed up every pot, pan and glass in the kitchen. I hadn't even left us a pot to boil water in, so even boxed dinners were out of the question. Earlier this weekend I'd been lamenting the fact that we'll be leaving so many great restaurants behind when we move out of this neighborhood, so I guess subconsciously I was just looking for an excuse to eat at my favorite places for the next four days. Oh darn!
This week will be a busy one between now and the big closing and moving day on Friday. We've got a few more closets and cupboards to pack up tomorrow night, and then Tuesday night we have our first baby class at the hospital where I'll be delivering (we're looking forward to the tour of the maternity ward--and figuring out where the heck the hospital is even located in Denver). Wednesday night will be our last night to get ready for the move, and then Thursday morning the moving company arrives to load up all our stuff. Packing the boxes was exhausting enough for me today. I never thought bending over could be so difficult. I'm very happy we'll be paying others to load up all those boxes into a truck. Friday morning we close, and then it's off to Golden to meet the moving company and start moving in! By Sunday I should have some pictures of the new house to post, including some pictures of the nursery-to-be and some more baby supplies.
I can't believe how fast this is all happening - and I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!
ReplyDelete