Monday, May 17, 2010

The Big Day...sort of

Well, today's the big due date. I've had some contractions today, but so far there's nothing to make us head to the hospital...or keep us from putting in a full day at work. Baby Beer has four hours to make it on her due date. Probably not going to happen, but I'll keep you posted!

By the way, watching a nature show on PBS with vivid footage of animals giving birth on a TV with an extremely clear picture only a few days before you yourself give birth is not recommended. The footage of the chameleon birth was the worst. So much goo. So very much goo. And baby chameleons aren't really all that cute. The baby has to at least be cute to make up for having to watch it come out. Even the hippo was better than the chameleon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for keeping us up to date. We're with you. By the way, I was late 10 days.. We wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who haven't heard, Jenny had her baby one day late. Harper Mae Beer joined our family May 18th at 12:30 pm. She was 6 lbs 15 oz and is very healthy, happy, and cute. Everyone is home and settling in - I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Jenny is rested enough to take the time to post again.

    Thanks for all of the well-wishes. It's great to hear from friends and family from all over.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete