Still no baby. After a weekend of 75+ degree weather, we're supposed to get 1-2 feet of snow in the next 36 hours. Everyone keeps saying maybe the low pressure system will finally get Baby Beer motivated...sounds a little crazy to me, but if it works I'd be very happy. And it does seem appropriate that our child would decide to arrive when the driving conditions to the hospital will be at their most treacherous. If the impending snow storm doesn't do the trick, I have an appointment on Friday morning where the doctors will discuss my post-date strategy: most likely another ultrasound and depending on what they see, up to one more week of waiting. Driving in the snow storm doesn't sound so bad...
In other news, I finally went to my last pre-paid yoga class on Thursday, and my decision to be done with prenatal yoga was reaffirmed. We had a sub who seemed to have forgotten that pregnant women can't bend over very well. I swear we spent 85% of the class in a forward fold with our heads between our knees--or at least, that's where our heads were supposed to be. Mine wasn't even below my shoulders, since all I can do is the classic "slouch" position.
The lady also introduced two new moves, both of which involved standing on one leg, bending to touch the floor in front of you with one hand, and raising the other arm and leg in some combination of poses above and behind you. One was called Flying Star and one was "not Flying Star." I never really figured out the difference because it didn't matter. I couldn't even stand on one leg and start to bend over without falling, much less touch the floor and then worry about turning or not turning my hips to lift the other leg behind me.
The sub saw me struggling (for once I was the most pregnant person there--no 41-weekers this time) and graciously suggested we could use a block to help balance if we couldn't reach the floor. I actually snorted out loud it was such a ridiculous suggestion. There's two feet between my hand and the floor, lady. The block is six inches high. Unless you've got some extend-o blocks in the back that I don't know about, this pose is never going to happen. Besides, these hefty SBUs I'm packing might be helpful in stabilizing side to side movement when standing upright, but when you start throwing that kind of weight around in the air, no amount of leg muscle is going to keep it suspended and balanced for long.
After several hastily aborted attempts at the not-so-Flying Star where I nearly started a domino chain of pregnant women by toppling into the person next to me, I gave up and spent most of the class squatting in camper's pose. Sticking out my rear end with two feet planted solidly on the floor: now that's a workout.
No comments:
Post a Comment