Monday, April 26, 2010

Baby Supplies: Done!

Since Baby Beer decided to delay her arrival for another weekend, we were able to finish up the nursery (probably a smart move on Baby Beer's part). Joe added shelves to the closet and patiently allowed me to direct him and the hammer for shelves, pictures and other decorations in the room. I put up the stickers and took pictures.

My ability to help with household projects has become severely limited to general oversight from a chair and things that can be done without having to reach up high or bend down low. If any kind of step-stool is required, I am not allowed. While it makes me feel pretty useless, there are also some perks. For example, Sunday I went out to brunch with my book club ladies while Joe painted two walls in the kitchen. He was happy to have me away from the temptation of the ladder (and out of his way so he could listen to his 80s hair band music at a loud volume), and I was happy to eat custard French toast. So it was a win-win. (For those of you familiar with the drama of the kitchen wall color, the last two walls of contention are now Pinedale Shores and we are calling it good and done.)

Here are more pictures of the nursery. It's the only room in the house that's finished and actually has things hanging on the walls.

This one has the cute letters that Aunt Carrie made, along with more of my sticker creations.


The book collection.

Another display of sticker art, and a basket very full of toys thanks to Aunt Abby.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of love in that room!

    Seeing those birds reminds me that I need to ask Lisa where she got them. I still love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - It's Brenda from GAC :) I hope you don't mind, I stumbled upon your blog and I'm so happy for you & Joe! Those last weeks are tough, and I hope Baby doesn't keep you waiting too much longer! You guys will be great parents.

    P.S. I like the Jim Brandenburg wolf poster on your nursery wall! (I'm a BIG Brandenburg fan!)

    ReplyDelete